We are hiring for one of our clients in the banking sector, seeking a Senior Application Developer with at least 5 years of experience to work on-site in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Senior Application Developer will be responsible for leading the design, development and deployment of large-scale complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and will provide an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture in JAVA, Redhat Integrations, Cloud and DevOps practice.
He/She will work independently or collaborate with teams across the development organization to understand the functional requirements and translate them into shippable products. In addition, he/she will be a technical lead in many projects and a thought leader in the integrations and software development practice.
- Develop systems and systems integrations on the bank’s integrations middleware stack using JAVA and Red Hat Integration technologies and tools to drive business.
- Work closely with product owners and business analysts and solution architects during requirements engineering phase to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work together with Group Enterprise Architecture teams to analyze product requirements and design best-fit architectures and solutions guided by KCB policies and industry best practices and standards.
- Identify, champion, and implement innovative solutions that exploit existing business opportunities and mitigate existing risks.
- Accountable for development and timely delivery of quality applications and software solutions from requirements definition, review of solution design (SDD) and interface specification documents (ISD), user test planning and review, defect tracking, and ensuring closure project tasks.
- Specify and ensure application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure.
- Analyze and fix software applications bugs and defects and contribute towards ensuring high availability, scalability, fault tolerance and resilience of production solutions and applications.
- Design, develop unit test plans and perform unit and scenario testing for application code bases and interfaces.
- Work with technology operations and support teams to handover system support skills and documentation and formulate OLA agreements with level 3 support.
Requirements & Qualifications
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree from a recognized institution.
- 5 years Technology experience with at least 2 years’ experience in developing enterprise grade highly scalable Java based applications.
- Application development experience using any of the following technologies:
Java 1.8+, Spring Framework, Apache Camel, Spring Boot, Restful Services (JAX-RS), REST and SOAP API, Java Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, PowerMockito), Microservices, JPA/JDBI, Openshift.
- A good understanding of Cloud infrastructure & continuous integration tools such as GIT, Jenkins, XLR.
- Able to work with a variety of customers and collaborate with technical teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
Application Form: Senior Application Developer
Being a Gebeya Talent means:
- competitive pay: command higher rates than permanent employee salaries, and enjoy timely payment as per your contract
- convenience: update your profile easily on-the-go, from the convenience of your phone; it’s free to join, and free to be matched with clients
- benefits: gain exclusive access to up-skilling opportunities, international certifications, and global work experience
- legitimate opportunities: only match with projects that suit your skill sets and rate; no searching, no scrolling, no bidding wars
- support: access healthcare benefits and micro-loans for equipment like laptops through our partners
- community: take advantage of mentorship, networking, and professional development events
Don’t worry. If you are not selected for this role, you will still have the opportunity to be part of the Gebeya Talent pool of freelancers, where you can access lucrative projects and work opportunities.