We are hiring for one of our clients in the banking sector, seeking an Intermediate DevOps Engineer with at least 4 years of experience to work on-site in Nairobi, Kenya.
The DevOps Engineer works with application developers to automate and accelerate the testing, release, and deployment of applications into a runtime environment quickly and reliably. The DevOps Engineer will have a background in development, operations, and full-stack implementations. The DevOps engineer acts as a fulcrum between development and operational teams, and basically forms the foundation of the entire DevOps environment.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) strategy that allows the organization to use DevOps at scale.
- Envision, build, and execute automated testing plans for all the software developed in the organization and provide reporting templates for monitoring testing coverage.
- Contribute to developing best practices for infrastructure as code (such as Puppet, Shell scripting); software build tools (such as Maven, Gradle, etc.) and continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
- Mentoring and coaching junior software developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
- Design, build & maintain infrastructure to support a continuous software development process, including all phases of development, quality assurance and software deployment.
- Provides direction into standards and procedures for monitoring, capacity planning, tuning, maintenance, performance optimization, backups, and recovery; ensures infrastructure will meet capacity requirements to deliver on time.
- Setup/Configuration/Administration of code Repositories like Git, SVN etc.
- Manage Image storage to ensure consistency and recoverability of the same as required.
- Development of process and procedures of code versions to ensure proper governance and security is always maintained within the enterprise.
- Acts as a thought leader for DevOps practice in the organization while working with stakeholders to select “fit for purpose tools” to be used in the DevOps orchestration/automation processes.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Certification in cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift or related.
- Use of DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Ansible or similar and professional software development using JAVA, Python etc is required.
- 3 years’ experience in commercial software development with at least 2 years’ experience in developing release pipelines and GitOps frameworks.
- Proficient in scripting.
- Hands-on knowledge of configuration management and deployment tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Form: DevOps Engineer
Being a Gebeya Talent means:
- competitive pay: command higher rates than permanent employee salaries, and enjoy timely payment as per your contract
- convenience: update your profile easily on-the-go, from the convenience of your phone; it’s free to join, and free to be matched with clients
- benefits: gain exclusive access to up-skilling opportunities, international certifications, and global work experience
- legitimate opportunities: only match with projects that suit your skill sets and rate; no searching, no scrolling, no bidding wars
- support: access healthcare benefits and micro-loans for equipment like laptops through our partners
- community: take advantage of mentorship, networking, and professional development events
Don’t worry. If you are not selected for this role, you will still have the opportunity to be part of the Gebeya Talent pool of freelancers, where you can access lucrative projects and work opportunities.