We are hiring for one of our clients in the banking sector, seeking a Senior Business Architect with at least 5 years of experience to work on-site in Nairobi, Kenya.
The role holder is responsible for the Enterprise Architecture (IT technical systems, business & information architecture) used by or to be procured by the Bank. Ensure that all IT Systems are aligned to the Enterprise Architecture framework, Bank policy and best practice.
The business architect will be responsible for alignment of technology solutions to business needs through the analysis of business motivations, business operations and business models & frameworks. The Business Architect will work to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standards.
The successful person should demonstrate proficiency in developing IT business process models (automated, manual processes, system & process interfaces) and related documentation for IT Systems in use by or to be procured by the Bank in line with Bank policy, Business Process Architecture best practice, standards, and methods.
- Conduct business process improvement initiatives aimed at improving efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Act as a liaison to Business and IT to gain a broad understanding of business initiatives and their impact on technology.
- Documentation of business requirements and processes for all business initiatives and projects.
- Provide the leadership in breaking down, planning, and sequencing the business vision & strategy into technology deliverables.
- Liaise with the Business subject matter expert in the development of business architectural framework developing a clear roadmap of Business solutions.
- Lead effort to work with business leaders to identify business capability needs and IT integration.
- Facilitate the identification and analysis of the Bank’s business drivers to deliver enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Assess the current Business framework to detect critical deficiencies and recommend for improvement in line with the IT strategy and delivery priority of the IT/Bank programs.
- Function as a liaison to Business and IT partners to gain a broad understanding of industry trends and innovations, and their impact on technology.
- Provide an analysis to determine the best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement vis a vis information technology systems enhancement.
- Provide architectural oversight of projects; ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework
- Participate and guide on functional tests planning and execution.
- Participate in the IT quality assurance process.
Requirements & Qualifications
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field of study.
- At least one professional qualification in the following list: – CBAP, TOGAF, ITIL Foundation; Prince2.
- 7 years progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years’ experience in at least two IT disciplines such as Application Architecture, Application Development, Integration, Micro Services and Software Asset Management in a multitier environment.
- Experience with Operating systems (Windows/ Unix) and Database Management Systems.
- Experience working in Business Analysis / Applications Architecture.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to manageable components.
- Experience and familiarity with graphical modeling approaches, tools, and model repositories.
- Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications on individual components and projects.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization.
Application Form: Business Architect
Being a Gebeya Talent means:
- competitive pay: command higher rates than permanent employee salaries, and enjoy timely payment as per your contract
- convenience: update your profile easily on-the-go, from the convenience of your phone; it’s free to join, and free to be matched with clients
- benefits: gain exclusive access to up-skilling opportunities, international certifications, and global work experience
- legitimate opportunities: only match with projects that suit your skill sets and rate; no searching, no scrolling, no bidding wars
- support: access healthcare benefits and micro-loans for equipment like laptops through our partners
- community: take advantage of mentorship, networking, and professional development events
Don’t worry. If you are not selected for this role, you will still have the opportunity to be part of the Gebeya Talent pool of freelancers, where you can access lucrative projects and work opportunities.