We are hiring for one of our clients in the banking sector, seeking an Intermediate Business Analyst with at least 4 years of experience to work on-site in Nairobi, Kenya.
The role holder will be responsible for the Enterprise Architecture (IT Solution, Technical, systems, business & information architecture) of IT systems used by or to be procured by the Bank. He/ She will ensure that all IT Systems are aligned to the Enterprise Architecture Framework, Bank policy and best practice.
He/ She will be will also be responsible for IT Governance which reviews all IT systems used by or to be procured to ensure they are aligned to the Bank and IT strategy, plans, policies, and standards.
In addition, the role holder will be responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, verifying, and managing the business needs of the business stakeholders, including customers and end users.
The Business Analyst works closely with business units, subject matter experts and technical resources to identify and document in detail the business needs.
- Lead requirements analysis, validation, and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable; and transfer the same knowledge to the development team.
- Documentation of business requirements and processes for all business initiatives and projects.
- Provide an analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement viz a viz information technology systems enhancement.
- Develop high level solution designs while ensuring requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Responsible for the requirements management in the scrum teams.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or requirements workshops.
- Participation in the business initiatives prioritization stage.
- Participate and guide on functional tests planning and execution.
- Participate in the IT quality assurance process.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with business units that rely on that information to define system requirements or organizational processes.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements.
- Review the current deployment approach and evaluate / propose / expose opportunities for enhancing the deployment model for new and existing solutions.
Requirements & Qualifications
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or a related field of study from a recognized institution.
- Certification in Project Management or ITIL Foundation.
- 3 years’ experience in IT Systems with at least 2 years’ experience in IT Projects, Banking Operations, Change Management, Emerging Technologies (channels, mobile and internet banking).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Application Form: Business Analyst
Being a Gebeya Talent means:
- competitive pay: command higher rates than permanent employee salaries, and enjoy timely payment as per your contract
- convenience: update your profile easily on-the-go, from the convenience of your phone; it’s free to join, and free to be matched with clients
- benefits: gain exclusive access to up-skilling opportunities, international certifications, and global work experience
- legitimate opportunities: only match with projects that suit your skill sets and rate; no searching, no scrolling, no bidding wars
- support: access healthcare benefits and micro-loans for equipment like laptops through our partners
- community: take advantage of mentorship, networking, and professional development events
Don’t worry. If you are not selected for this role, you will still have the opportunity to be part of the Gebeya Talent pool of freelancers, where you can access lucrative projects and work opportunities.