Our team is growing and we’re looking for an experienced Access Network Team Lead with 3-5 years of experience as a Senior Network Engineer to work on-site in Lagos, Nigeria.
Design, establish and maintain (internet/MPLS) connectivity, manageable data and VOIP networks and access, with a team of qualified engineers that perform the necessary installations (relating to remediation/restoration of existing client circuit), configurations, testing, documentation, automation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the network connectivity for a high-quality service experience of the end customer and user.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, design and lead the access network team in establishing a network suitable for the requirements of the organization or the customers.
- Design specifications for establishing network security and access to protect servers, databases, and devices.
- Plan the budget for network, recommend proper software and hardware such as routers, switches, hubs, hard disks, microwave radios, wires, etc., for networking understanding the type and use of the network.
- Point of technical escalation and coordination with the hardware and software suppliers and OEM, and with external leading technical representatives.
- Regular traffic, quality of service, activities and performance checks and reports using network management systems and tools, including analysis with advice on optimization and remedial necessary actions and communications.
- Troubleshoot any kind of hardware and software problems at the end user site from service gateway to customer network if that is the root cause, and make sure that there is no problem in accessing any resource for the users.
- Update the systems regularly with antivirus, firewall and spyware and protect any kind of viruses and breakdowns in the network.
- Maintain remote monitoring systems and keep a track of the use of resources provide to the employees, customers and end users.
- Monitoring circuit performance, coordination to schedule WAN/LAN equipment upgrades (FW/SW).
- Set authentication and authorization and restricts users from accessing important and vital information available
- Create and maintain real time up to date network documentation including but not limited to policies, procedures, diagrams (layer 1/2/3 network, Wi-Fi, routing protocol, security.), tables and lists (assets/devices, IP address allocation, patching,..), password vault, and others as per best practices.
- Sound knowledge of the software and hardware used in the network systems and well- acquainted with the advanced technologies.
- Expertise in configuration, installation, maintenance of standard network active devices (routers, switches, multiplexers, AP/Wi-fi, controllers, modem, firewall).
- Knowledge on connectivity technology such as microwave radio, fiber optic, VSAT, broadband.
- Knowledge on industry standard monitoring systems: PRTG, Solar Winds, Manage Engine, Caccti, etc.
- Expertise in IT/LAN troubleshooting/isolation/restoration
- Knowledgeable in use of test tools, OTDR, Power meter, Ethernet test equipment, Spectrum Analyzer and identify new tools to aid in performance verification/testing
- Expertise in identifying problems in the existing systems and upgrade them with the new and more efficient ones
- Ability to use the available resources wisely and establish efficient network systems.
- Regularly update knowledge about the new and advanced technologies available in the market and use these technologies in the designs.
- Should have good managerial and communication skills and a team player.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications as a tool requirement for creating reports and statistics
- Knowledge in basic Electricity systems (rectifier, inverter, battery).
- Customer oriented in providing services.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Financial planning and budgeting.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
Education and/or Professional Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Certification courses in network administration and hardware management (Cisco, Mikrotik,…), and security solutions (Sophos, Fortinet,…)
- Experience of at least 3-5 years in senior networking and hardware field.
Application Form: Access Network Team Lead
Being a Gebeya Talent means:
- competitive pay: command higher rates than permanent employee salaries, and enjoy timely payment as per your contract
- convenience: update your profile easily on-the-go, from the convenience of your phone; it’s free to join, and free to be matched with clients
- benefits: gain exclusive access to up-skilling opportunities, international certifications, and global work experience
- legitimate opportunities: only match with projects that suit your skill sets and rate; no searching, no scrolling, no bidding wars
- support: access healthcare benefits and micro-loans for equipment like laptops through our partners
- community: take advantage of mentorship, networking, and professional development events
Don’t worry. If you are not selected for this role, you will still have the opportunity to be part of the Gebeya Talent pool of freelancers, where you can access lucrative projects and work opportunities.