Our team is growing and we’re looking for a DevOps Engineer with at least four years of experience to work on-site in Nairobi, Kenya.
Join as DevOps Engineer
- Be part of an agile team Site Reliability Engineers using state-of-art tech technologies to build and monitor systems, applications and services;
- Work with our development teams to build Continuous Integrations & Delivery pipeline improving the fill delivery pipeline to get faster time to market, lower failure rate of new releases and shorten lead time between fixes;
- Develop tools to automate: product build and delivery, maintenance & operations tasks, quality standards testing;
- Support and influence our product development teams to use the Continuous Delivery infrastructure and Devops Methodology;
- Work with Product Development and Infrastructure Systems to design and implement solutions and resolve issues;
- Help build reliable, high-performance, auto scaled and fault tolerant software throw standards as well as testing, load and stress testing;
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must have experience/knowledge in Linux environments;
- Experience/knowledge with configuration management tools;
- Monitor tools;
- Shell and Python scripting;
- Skilled with tools such as Jenkins;
- Experience/Knowledge with CI/CD;
- Experience with or interest in virtual/containers environments (e.g. Docker);
- Knowledge of Devops Methodology;
- Fluent in English;
- Academic & trade qualifications:
- Academic background in IT or equivalent;
- Proficiency in English
Apply as DevOps Engineer
The following skills are not required but will make your profile stand out:
- Knowledge in Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Prometheus/AlertManager, Grafana, Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana, Vault, Consul, Couchbase, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DNS;
- Networking skills regarding routing and overall troubleshooting using TCPdump analysis;
- Experience provisioning servers and services using AWS, Azure or GCP;
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology;
We don’t expect you to be expert in all of these, but would like to hear from you on any you might find relevant from your experience.
To apply for this role:
1. Download the Gebeya Talent mobile app on Android or iOS.
2. Submit your application. Important: For the question “How did you hear about us?” choose “Other” and type “LIAd4“. This will fast-track your application review.
Being a Gebeya Talent means:
- competitive pay: command higher rates than permanent employee salaries, and enjoy timely payment as per your contract
- convenience: update your profile easily on-the-go, from the convenience of your phone; it’s free to join, and free to be matched with clients
- benefits: gain exclusive access to up-skilling opportunities, international certifications, and global work experience
- legitimate opportunities: only match with projects that suit your skill sets and rate; no searching, no scrolling, no bidding wars
- support: access healthcare benefits and micro-loans for equipment like laptops through our partners
- community: take advantage of mentorship, networking, and professional development events
Don’t worry. If you are not selected for this role, you will still have the opportunity to be part of the Gebeya Talent pool of freelancers, where you can access lucrative projects and work opportunities.